'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Monday 11 August 2008

Here comes the Sun



Here is the sun coming up last Friday, after a long absence.  After a long wet month of storms and wind, it has been welcome to have a couple of days of clear, cold sunshine.  I've been doing a tidy-up in the garden.  The big bamboo is looking lovely, the new lawn is fertilised, three palms sold and will be removed in a week or two, and the vegetable garden is all cleared of weeds and ready for cloches and seedlings.  Tauranga weather is so mild, things don't really stop growing in winter, but at this time of year I usually manage to catch up on the rampant weed growth for a little while.  

"Smiles and rays of sunshine,
Through the fog, the sun did send.
My dark path is now gone,
I will fumble no more..."


-extract from a poem, author unknown.

1 comment:

  1. Your weather sounds a lot like ours. Daily showers with a hint of sun now and then. The only good thing about it is that an orchid I have on the back steps love the climate. It has started to bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.