'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 7 September 2008

Spring 2






I went for a walk around the sports park with Shelly the dog.  The dawn redwood leaf buds and the willow leaves were just breaking through.  A harrier hawk pair were wheeling and circling over the rough scrub on the other side of the river and there was a smell of freshly-cut grass as the mower zoomed back and forth over the rugby pitches.



As the sun broke through holes in the dark clouds, the lime green of the new growth really glowed.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7.9.08

    So beautiful, with the clouds and all. New Zealand is one of the places where I haven't been but it's on my short list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it might end with ... "And then a teenage hoodie threatened me with a knife and ran off with my handbag" but that's probably just my perverse sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice photos mum! I really can't wait till summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8.9.08

    Ah... spring! And here we are, sliding into autumn after a miserably wet summer!

    I'd like to come back one day, when you've got rid of the blackflies. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.