'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 22 October 2008

Margaret




Goodbye Margaret.  T's mum died today.  With dignity, grace and peace, just as she wished. Those that are left need to slowly gather up the pieces and carry on without her.  The last page of her book is written.  Now we can turn the pages and read it again and again whenever we want.

A coincidence - I think it must be almost exactly 12 years since my own Mum died.  I'm fairly sure it was the middle of October ... 

I always thought that I'd see you one more time again... thought I'd see you flying away now...
- James Taylor 'Fire and Rain'

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss - know how that feels. Thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder who "T" is... Nice that you have marked Margaret's passing like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Val, YP...
    T is the last (and most) 'significant other' in my life in 14 years... 18 months we were together.
    Let's just say the blogging the last two months has been my therapy - he's been very hard to get over.
    I got on really well with his parents - his mum was diagnosed with cancer just before I met him. Just been up to see his dad with some baking (the rural default setting at such times) and the funeral will probably be on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another coincidence: my mom died twelve years ago, October 18, 1996. I know the date as I like to spend part of the deathday remembering her.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.