'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 12 October 2008

Meme

To go with the blogger award the other day, here's a blogger Meme.  (Does one pronounce it 'me-me' as I think?  Or is it 'meem' as N thinks?  And does it really matter anyway?)  This one came from Florida.
There's no copyright on it, please feel free to use it.

Outside my window... are tree ferns, a vegetable garden, a bit of lawn and then the steep zig-zag path down to the river.
I am thinking... how much I am looking forward to my visit to Auckland next week to hear the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra.
I am thankful for... My home, my children, my health, many things.
From the kitchen... I can smell bread cooking.
I am wearing... jeans and an old shirt for painting.
I am creating... a copy of a renaissance painting.
I am hearing... the lovely sounds of the dawn chorus.
I am reading... Terry Pratchett's "The Night Watch" - for about the third time.
I am hoping... that the accommodation in Auckland on Tuesday night will be nice.  I got it off the back of a supermarket receipt, you see.  
Around the house... I want to lay a path. 
One of my favourite things... is marmalade on toast.
A few plans for the rest of the week... 1.  Finish this painting  2.  Phone my cousin and have a catch-up 3.  Plant the two japanese maples  4.  Clean the mould off the bathroom ceiling  5.  Go to the boat show on Sunday as part of the 'Night Owls' patrol.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

(You can click to see what Jim kollects)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12.10.08

    I pronounce it meem but I have heard of others pronouncing it me me.

    Meem is the accepted way of saying it in all cases I've been in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting tag game, I may have to take a stab at it too. In the meantimeYou're Welcome :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it called a Meme when all the sentences begin with "I" ? It should be called an 'ayeaye' or an 'I I' or an 'eyeeye' or an 'aiai'

    But really Meme is actually ok with meme.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.