'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Friday 2 January 2009

Peace


A dove coos sweetly on a wire down at the park as the sun lightens the sky on the first day of the year. I wish this was all it took to create a year in which there was no violent human conflict in any part of our amazing world.



"In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death". - Ann Frank (and me).

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had such optimism for humanity.

    How are V & A?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year Katherine,
    I hope it is a safe & prosperous one for you & your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, Katherine.

    If we want peace, it's a good idea to go out and make some.

    That's what we're doing here in Sebastopol, "Peace Town, USA".

    (We in the USA have a whole lot of work to do in learning to to be a more peaceful nation.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely quote from Ann Frank! thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3.1.09

    I believe you're right. There is a great deal of good in humanity. Sadly, as Edmund Burke said - 'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..'

    Let's hope that in 2009, good men everywhere will stand up and say 'Enough!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated Happy New Year to you, Katherine. Wishing you peace and prosperity.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.