'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Grapes Competition



In September last year I reached 20,000 viewers on this blog and was so pleased that I ran a little lottery-thingy. Very belatedly, I should let you know that it was won by Robert rhymes-with-plague Brague and my oil painting of grapes he and Ellie picked (above) was duly dispatched. Recently he mentioned that they have had it framed and I'm delighted, albeit a little embarrassed that I hadn't announced the results.


5 comments:

  1. And a delightful lottery-thingy pic it was too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had 14 people in our home Christmas Eve and we showed everyone the grape painting and explained how we came by it. As soon as we get beyond the holidays and Ellie decides which wall should be their home, I will send you a photo, Katherine.

    Thank you again, you thoughtful and talented Enzed person, you.

    Word Verification is corses. You have had a few corses in how to put brush to canvas, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!! I'd frame that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert - shucks.

    Jay - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.