'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Wands


I always wanted a wand. Whenever we would play that game that goes 'If you could have whatever you wished for, what would you ask?' I always said 'A magic wand of course, because then you can have whatever you wish for, forever!' Obvious!
Then along came Harry and wands weren't just black and white painted sticks, but are made of certain woods and contain wondrous elements like phoenix feathers and unicorn tail hairs.


Recently I've been making wands.
I've been picking lavender and buying satin ribbons ...


...and weaving the two together...


...and making these:

They are about 30 cm (12 ins) long, take about an hour each, and smell just wonderful! Neat eh?

4 comments:

  1. Neat, beautiful and smelly. What more could a person wish for in a wand? Apart, I suppose, from magic properties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual thing to do.... and I bet they smell lovely. How ever did you think to make those?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! Pretty and useful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeb. Oh, magical properties. Definitely magical properties.

    Helsie. They are very aromatic: lavender, obviously, but with a hint of sweet hay too. I saw one at a friend's house but she had bought it in the States, so I went online and found a YouTube how-to. Google is my friend.

    Jay, even the guys seem to like them. They are nice to hold, too, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.