'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Ode to Sweetcorn


I scarce believe my love to be so pure
As I had thought it was,
Because it doth endure
Vicissitude, and season, as the grass ;
Methinks I lied all winter, when I swore
My love for sweetcorn infinite, if spring make it more.


Apologies to John Donne.

2 comments:

  1. Yet I would not have all yet:
    He that hath all can have no more,
    And since my hunger doth each day admit
    New growth, thou shouldst have new rewards in store;

    With more apologies to JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Very good Geeb.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.