'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Sunday 30 September 2012

Australia

Just a couple more days here in Aussie and we'll be winging our way back to Auckland.  We've visited Melbourne and Adelaide, and I have lots of lovely images to share with you, and would be showing some now, but I forgot my transfer cable.
The weather has been great*, and I've so enjoyed learning about each of these two cities' distinctive personalities.


In the meantime, here's a random image of a bee in my father's garden.



* Just as I wrote that a light shower began to patter on the roof of the University of Adelaide conference room wherein I sit.


6 comments:

  1. Glad all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying yourself. Here in the Hebrides it's full sun for ten minutes then a rainstorm for five and so on. When people say that nothing changes here they definitely were not referring to the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look forward in
    reading all abou it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't even know you were bound for Australia. I hope you've been wearing a helmet in case of attack by killer magpies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you may have had a good time in Oz Katherine. Look forward to your photos - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments folks. Will post about Aussie magpies, Aussie cities, Aussie restaurants, Aussie art and Aussie characters soon, when I'm feeling a bit better and over this cold.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.