'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Competition

Here's a competition for you.

It goes like this:  You send a photo of your front door to my email address (in my profile) and when I have a goodly amount, I will post a list of all the bloggers (and their countries) who have sent in photos, and, below the list, all the images.  In a different order, obviously. Your challenge is to try and pair the names with the images and then email me your answers.

The winner who guesses the most correct will win an exquisite 21 cm x 28 cm watercolour painting by the world-reknown artist Katherine Steeds, of their own front door.*

I'll do another post showing the right answers.



Let's hope that you do not now grab your camera and exit your door to find this visitor outside:


This is the home of Robert and Roslyn Loretta of South Carolina.  Their neighbour took this photo (possibly having had advanced notice of my competition).  Bob and Ros were inside at the time and think it may have been attracted to the smell of their chicken dinner cooking.

* Or another subject as arranged by and mutually agreeable to both parties.  The painting process will be documented here on this blog in the same way as the 'Cherries' painting was here.

12 comments:

  1. Brilliant photo ~ great fun competition Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never eaten alligator but suspect they taste like chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol - it is, isn't it?
    Adrian - Mmm, chicken...

    By the way everyone, I have changed the prize to include any subject (more or less).

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVERYTHING tastes like chicken... or so they say of most odd stuff !
    Sounds like a fun competition with a great prize. I'm in !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. Am I the only one who can't find your email address in your profile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Helsie. I hadn't looked because I have Katherine's email address but I can't see it in the profile to this blog.

      Delete
    2. Sorry folks. My email address is there now.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear. I'm going to have to cheat a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never admit to cheating Geeb. As Julia Child says "If it falls on the floor, just pick it up and dust it off. No-one will know".

      Delete
  7. Jim Morrison was the front Door but he died in the early seventies. I doubt that he'd take a good photo right now.... (Musing) Dore (mis-spelt) is a suburban village on the edge of Sheffield. And a "daw" is an archaic, dialect, or poetic name for a "jackdaw".

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is with gratitude I receive these scintillating musings YP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok... I better get a photo in before the door of opportunity closes... :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.