'I'm always looking for the Hows and the Whys and the Whats,' said Muskrat, 'That is why I speak as I do. You've heard of Muskrat's Much-in-Little, of course?'
'No,' said the child. 'What is it?'
- The Mouse and his Child. Russell Hoban.

Go here to find out more.

Thursday 6 August 2015

Where Do Some Bloggers Go?


Arctic Fox (never mis-spell him 'Artic') was a great blogger.  I wonder what happened to him?
He described himself as: "I'm a 6 foot skinhead from Huddersfield. I'm old enough to know better, but too stupid to care."
This was one of his very many excellent posts.
Warning, it's about a run of mice he had in his kitchen, and shows an image of each of them in the 'Lucifer' trap that got each of them.

His last post was Tuesday September 18th 2012.

If you're out there reading this Foxy, I hope you are happy and well, and pleased to know we are still missing you.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, i alays liked reading him...and tom from Angola has dissapeared too.....sad ...i am still here and reading x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did not know Arctic Fox, and share your concern when a blogger disappears without words of goodbye. I always hope the disappeared blogger is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Tom too, although one did have to devote an hour or so reading his postings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom? Hippo on th Lawn? Yes, there's another.
    What would be the saying? 'Old bloggers never die, they just stop at the last post' ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciate those bloggers who manage, after all these years, to come up with a new post almost every day. I start my morning here at the computer checking in with them all over the world, over my cup of coffee. For a while I felt guilty that I couldn't manage to write every day, but the truth is my life is pretty boring and I'm not a good enough writer to make up for that. I do miss those who no longer post at all, I know a couple who have moved entirely to Facebook, sadly. Thank you to those who keep writing, from a great fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan - fits and starts with me. I love to write, however. I don't think every day is a prerequisite however…
      I love reading your chooky posts!

      Delete
  6. I liked Arctic Fox too Kate. He was and hopefully still is a Yorkshireman. I recall he linked to the live camera at his local bowling club and drank beer and had a strong, independent spirit. COME BACK ARCTIC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP - I think he just found his life too full with work and new(ish) lady. Maybe he will come back one day.

      Delete

Spam will go in the incinerator. All other comments are gratefully received. Communication is what makes the world go 'round.